Why SERVPRO of Lake Elsinore / Perris?
Our Flood Damage Restoration Teams are prepared to remove, restore, remodel, and replace whatever is damaged as needed. Whether it is ceilings, walls, flooring, furniture, appliances…we’ll pack and haul everything out of the damaged area, repair and restore if possible, and replace the contents to their original pre-flood locations. If remodeling is needed, our expert carpenters and craftsmen are trained to provide superior remodeling services.
Our quick response and turnaround help minimize water exposure to walls, ceilings, floors, and contents. Because we are local and Our 24-Hour Service allows us to offer this rapid response even in the worst of times. When we are done it will be "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of Lake Elsinore / Perris today! (951)674-4006
What is Mold?
Mold (or mould) is a term used to refer to fungi that grow in the form of multicellular thread-like structures called hyphae. Fungi that exist as single cells are called yeasts. Some molds and yeasts cause disease or food spoilage, others play an important role in biodegradation or in the production of various foods, beverages, antibiotics and enzymes.
Mold is also found in damp building materials where it often appears like stains and comes in a variety of colors. A must smell is an indication of microbial growth even when there is no visible growth.
Mold growth requires moisture. The sources of moisture could be Washing, cooking, air humidifiers, condensation or leaks from plumbing or from the outside. Poor ventilation contributes to higher humidity levels and leads to condensation, which also allows mold growth.
SERVPRO Lake Elsinore Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Lake Elsinore / Menifee / Perris will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today! (951) 674-4006
Restoring Your Commercial Property After a Water Loss
Flooding and water damage events at Lake Elsinore commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
Call us today at 951-674-4006
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
The team here at SERVPRO Lake Elsinore would love to hear from you! Tell us about your experience with our SERVPRO, ask us questions or just say 'hi'!
There are several ways to get in touch with us:
The Contact Us tab on the top right corner of our SERVPRO web page is fast and easy
Our SERVPRO Lake Elsinore Facebook Page. This is a great way to say 'hi', write a review or post some pictures of your finished job!
Our SERVPRO Lake Elsinore LinkedIn Page. Do you have any articles you think we should see, or do you just want to say 'hi'? This is a fast and easy way to do it!
You can also leave reviews on Google and Bing!
Thank you for allowing us to serve you and our community and we look forward to hearing from you!!!!
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Services
SERVPRO of Lake Elsinore provides 24-hour fire and water damage restoration service in Lake Elsinore, Sun City, Canyon Lake, Perris, Menifee and surrounding areas.
SERVPRO of Lake Elsinore is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, small or large. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today (951) 674-4006
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Lake Elsinore has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Call Today (951) 674-4006
Hard Water Stains
Cleaning companies that have customers in hard water areas, which includes over 85% of the United States, sometime find it difficult to get rid of those nasty hard water stains on windows - especially large office or warehouses with large amounts of windows. The first step begins with understanding hard water and how it affects the buildings we clean, so our cleaning technicians can choose the best solutions to remove it.
Rain contains no minerals as it falls to earth. When it passes through the ground, it absorbs minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, which transforms it from “soft water” into “hard water.” Although hard water is not normally harmful to our health, it can wreak havoc on plumbing, fixtures, appliances, glass, showers, or pretty much anywhere water is used.
Once hard water evaporates, what's left behind are the minerals. These nasty mineral deposits cause crusty scale, stains, film, and mineral rings. This build up can become problematic and permanent if not addressed immediately.
Hard Water Cleaning Solutions for Removing Those Ugly Stains
Cleaning companies go directly to their cleaning chemical and tool inventory when confronted with hard water stains. Acidic and non-acidic, abrasive, natural or manufactured, there are a number of cleaners that have the ability to remove mineral deposits and scale. Make sure the cleaner you choose is the right one for the job, surface or fixture you plan on cleaning. Check the manufacturer's label or test the cleaner in an inconspicuous place first if you are not sure. The last thing you want to do is cause damage to your customers' building.
Usually removing mineral deposits such as calcium, magnesium, and iron requires an acidic product. Most hard water staining can be removed with a combination of the right cleaner, cleaning tool and of course, good old fashioned “elbow grease” for those really tough jobs.
Cleaning tools such as white scrubbing pads, scrub brushes, and steel wool, can be used with the cleaning chemical of your choice to assist in removing difficult deposits. Just remember that none of these tools should be used alone, as they can permanently scratch the surface of the window. Only use these tools when the surface of the window is wet with water or cleaning chemical.
We recommend starting your cleaning process with less harmful chemicals, tools, and methods first, then ramp it up to more aggressive methods should deposits persists. It may take several attempts to remove stubborn deposits.
Beware; strong acidic chemicals are very corrosive and damaging to certain types of surfaces such as stainless steel and chrome and will “eat” through them, so never attempt to use such chemicals without the proper training and testing.
5 Ways To Make Stone Floors Shine
Stone Floor ‘Shining' Techniques
Large office and warehouse buildings often have stone flooring that needs special attention while cleaning.
- Add a coating or finish- Although coatings or finishes add gloss to stone floors, this is not a recommended way to add shine to granite or marble floors. Natural stone needs to breathe, and adding coatings or finishes blocks the floor from breathing. Travertine or Terazzo floors are better suited to adding a coating or finish.
- Polishing- Polishing stone floors using diamond pads on your slow speed floor machine will add a highly reflective gloss to stone floors.
- Honing- Honing is a more aggressive procedure that smoothes the stone by using a more abrasive diamond disk that grinds imperfections on the floor surface.
- Grinding- Grinding is the most aggressive way to add shine to stone floors. This procedure will take care of lippage (uneven tiles). Grinding should only be done by experienced stone floor technicians.
- Crystallization- Crystallization is a chemical polishing process that is used in heavy traffic areas. In this situation you would use a crystallizer polish to add shine to the floor.
What to AVOID when it comes to stone floor care
- Avoid using cleaners containing acids on marble, onyx, travertine, or limestone. The cleaners used to clean grout, bathrooms, or tube/tile usually contain harmful acids that can damage the stone floor
- Avoid vinegar, bleach or lemon juice
- Avoid abrasive cleaners or ammonia based products
Why Immediate Fire Restoration Is Important
When a fire occurs in a home, the aftermath can seem overwhelming, and if fire restoration is postponed, the destruction from smoke damage can become even worse. The longer you wait to address the damage, the more repairs you'll have to fix - which means you'll most likely have a larger bill for damages when all is said and done. You can avoid costly repairs and long-term issues if you make fire damage restoration a priority and follow the steps you'll need to get your home back to normal as soon as possible.
Contact a Fire Damage Restoration Service
First, and foremost - and this is the most important step - find a fire restoration contractor who can assess the damage, give you an estimate on costs and start the cleanup process. Contact your home insurance company to make them aware of the fire and ask them for referrals for reliable businesses in your area. It's essential that you enlist the help of a licensed and insured fire damage restoration company to reduce the risk of further damage to your home. They are trained to handle this type of damage and many will perform some of the following steps to help get you through the initial fire cleanup:
- Smoke and fire damage restoration services will try to save as many of your home and personal belongings (such as appliances, furniture and clothing) as they can.
- Document everything they remove from your home by taking pictures and/or keeping written records.
- Return any salvageable furniture and appliances back to your home, after the fire restoration is complete.
- Work quickly and carefully to get you back in your home as soon as possible, and stay in contact with you to make sure the repairs were done correctly and your home isn't experiencing any other problems.
Be sure to go through your home insurance company when hiring a fire damage restoration service, or do a thorough background check if you choose one on your own to make sure they are licensed and insured. Be wary of “fire chasing” contractors who target victims of house fires and pressure them into signing expensive repair contracts, perform extremely low-quality repair work and might not be licensed or insured.
Start Fire Cleanup Right Away
While it's best to have a qualified fire restoration company like SERVPRO of Southeast Portland handle the smoke damage restoration, there are some small tasks you can do to help minimize the initial damage before the professionals come in to do the major cleanup. Remember that safety comes first, so if there’s no way to safely gain access into your home, then stay out until the professionals arrive. If it is possible to enter your house, make sure you’re wearing work gloves, long sleeves/pants, and proper respiratory protection, such as a mask because exposure to soot can cause respiratory problems and other medical issues.
- VENTILATION- Open all the windows and air out the house as much (and as often) as possible. Use box fans to force out dust and contaminated air. Fire damage restoration professionals will use industrial-strength fans and other air-moving equipment to help reduce the smoke damage your home has been subjected to, but in the meantime, proper ventilation is key to helping remove a lot of the polluted (and unsafe) air.
- CLEANING- Scrub all surfaces (and inside cabinets and drawers) with soap and water. You can also use an alkaline cleaner, which neutralizes the acid that’s found in soot to help cut down on the smoky smell. Counteractants—chemicals used to break up smoke molecules to eliminate odors—may be used, but it’s best left to the professionals to handle such products.
- LAUNDRY - Wash all bedding, clothing, curtains and items that can be machine washed with an alkaline cleaner (you may have to wash items more than once). Delicate fabrics will need to be professionally dry cleaned by someone who is familiar with articles that have smoke damage. Only use washers and dryers that haven’t been exposed to smoke or experienced significant fire damage.
Professional smoke removal and restoration companies will perform a thorough cleanup using industrial-grade products and equipment, such as dry cleaning soot sponges to remove loose soot and specialized vacuum filters to clean carpet and upholstery.
Prolonged Smoke Damage
Fire damage is tricky because some signs are apparent—such as discoloration on walls and ceilings and dark stains from smoke on surfaces—but others are not, such as odors trapped in hidden places. Air conditioner vents, the space behind walls and the outside walls of your home are all areas where ash and soot can be deposited and continue to cause damage if they aren't taken care of in a timely manner.
Make sure to have the HVAC system, attic/roof, and exterior walls inspected and properly cleaned, too, because your home will continue to suffer from smoke damage until the soot is completely removed by a fire damage restoration service, like SERVPRO of Lake Elsinore / Perris. Don't hesitate to call us to handle your fire or smoke damage! (951) 674-4006
Protect Yourself From Storm Damage
Storms can be severe and leave a trail of destruction in their wake from flooding, strong winds and lightning.
Insurance claim costs are estimated to have reached astronomical amounts, with households suffering millions more dollars of uninsured financial losses dealing with the aftermath of those violent storms.
Worryingly, changing weather patterns means these damaging wind storms could become a regular winter staple, sweeping into parts of the country even earlier in the season. Preparing your home to cope can help to limit the damage that a storm may cause, including from flooding.
Thankfully, weather forecasting has improved and knowing if bad weather is on its way can be helpful in getting your house storm ready.
Did you know?
- The annual cost of storm damage can amount to millions each year.
- Thunderstorms develop when the atmosphere is unstable – typically forming a ‘cumulonimbus’ (rain/storm) cloud.
- These large clouds (often accompanied by large gusts of wind) can form in under an hour if the conditions are right – meaning there may not be much time before the storm hits!